Dual release Generator of Sulphur Dioxide for Blueberry
Two phases Pad
Quick Phase release of high level of So2 during a short period of time
Slow Phase release of low level of So2 during a long period of time
The density of the barrier and the specific particle size of the active ingredient Na2S2O5 allows an homogeneous and stable release of Sulfur dioxide during the 2 phases
The pad is formed by a polypropylene barrier, a mid sheet of paper with polyethylene on both sides and an inferior barrier of brown Kraft paper, the generator surface presents small cells which contain the active ingredient sodium metabisulphite (Na2S2O5) that in contact with humidity generates sulphur dioxide (S02).
SO2 gas which inhibits the development and growth of fungi, avoiding infection through Botrytis cinerea during storage and transport of Bueberry.
The application of the SO2 with blueberry during transits and/or storage deliver excellent results in both clam-shell and bulk packing
- Botrytis Cinerea Fungus Control.
- Reduce the loss of weight of the fruit .
- Sanitizes wounds and micro cracks on the fruit surface, maintaining its condition.
- The SO2 pads size is adaptable to multiple box sizes.
- It can be use with Modified Atmosphere liner Bag or Controlled Atmosphere Storage