SO2 PAD LAMINATED PLASTIC – HELLAS
This SO2 Pad is formed by 2 sheets of co-extruded Polyethylene bonded together through a lamination process with Sodium Metabisulfite as active ingredient. Upon contact with moisture it releases Sulfur Dioxide (SO2). Specially developed for fruit transits.
- Prevent and Control the Botrytis Cinerea Fungus along with keeping the grape rachis green and fresh.
- By using barrier of co-extruded plastic in its construction allows greater control of SO2 emissions.
- It can be used directly over the grape which implies less packaging materials.
- By being a low-emission generator reduces the probability of bleaching to potential breaks in the cold chain.
- It heals and sanitizes scars or wounds caused by handling or mechanical damage during harvest or post harvest procedures.